Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Did it really happen?

I am ecstatic. I watched history last night, I screamed and danced because I am use to being the loser, the one that came close but did not avail. Yes, I have hope that we can find unity in a country so divided and relief from the current administration. A man with an open mind, who fought a good fight to take on a country during such troubled times.

I live among people without my same point of views. I take great pride in the fact that I stay informed on current events, and am able to block out all the absurd comments and racial point of views around me. I realize that others are just as passionate about their beliefs as I am about mine. I stay clear of arguments, and keep my opinions bottled up as not to upset people I respect. I believe that political point of views shall not come between people, just as religious point of views should not come between people. That is being said from a non-Mormon Democrat from Utah, so how much could my voice be heard? With that said, I must admit that I am so disappointed that times when I felt angry with what I was hearing I sat in silence and stewed over how people and their racial views. I am stunned by how much hatred this election brought out in people. It made me sad. I am glad the election is over.

It is time to move forward people. You just survived 8 years of the worst president in the history of our great country. Open your eyes and your hearts to a man who has overcame a life that has gone through every aspect of what 'living the American dream' consist of.

No comments: