Friday, February 23, 2007

The thing about doctors is this....

I am sick of them!! Don't take that as any kind of indication that I don't want to fix my broken ass self, but I have had it with them. I have gone through so many various tests, and I still feel like we are just waiting to see what the next doctor says. I go to a doctor, pay my co-pay for her to order an echo cardiogram, then I go and have the echo cardiogram at a different hospital, then I have to go back to her again, pay her another co-pay so she can read me the results? Isn't that ridiculous? What if I didn't go back, I just wouldn't find out the results? I know, I know, it is just a co-pay, but it is the principle of it. I am paying to find out the results of a test. That my friends is FUCKED UP!! I can't even begin to count how many co-pays I have paid in the last 3 weeks, and that doesn't include any medical bills for the CT Scans, E.R., Echo, Event Monitor, etc., etc. Now I have to go and see a cardiologist, which I am sure would like to run more tests.

I am not trying to complain, I have insurance, I am lucky, I know this. I am just getting sick of seeing one doctor and being sent somewhere else for a test, then back to that doctor who sends me to another doctor----the cycle just doesn't end. No matter what happens, I want to figure out what is going on. My family means everything to me, and I will carry on no matter what, I am just getting burned out.

Gabe made one good point though, I will hit my out of pocket max. for the year pretty quick. At this rate, by the time I have knee surgery in April, it should be free. Always the light at the end of the tunnel, isn't he??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh skrew the doctors who needs them anyway! aha jk. but i see ur point DOC's are boneheads! All they want is our money there out to get us!!!!!! *crazy person speeking*