Monday, September 25, 2006

That's so Heather!

My kids watch a show on the Disney channel called "That's so Raven!" Well, in the show Raven has visions of what is going to happen. She usually always gets them screwed up, either what actually happens, or trying to fix it.

Well, I had a vision. I had a vision that I would take Zane to Minnesota and he would be thrilled with the thought of going on an airplane that he would just sit there and be good. Well, I forgot he is actually a two year old, so of course my 'vision' was not quite right. To his credit, I had many passengers comment on what a well behaved child he is and that he did awesome. But anytime he acted excited about something, or wanted to get out of seat, I jumped into action and pulled another trick out of my bag. It ranged from coloring books and stories to a DVD player loaded with a DORA the Explorer movie. Needless to say I was on top of it about every fifteen minutes! Well, I also thought I would get there and he would be the same well behaved child he always is. Well, again, wrong vision! The first day was horrible, I have never seen him act so badly. He was having quite a few 'freak outs' and he even scratched my face in a fit of anger. All I could think to myself was "What did you get yourself into?" This did not last too long, but it was rather difficult to do on my own, especially when I am not use to him acting that way. Overall he did great. He really is an awesome kid who I am not giving enough credit to, but he did have some moments that just sent me into panic mode, especially when you are trying to experience a special time in your cousins life like her first baby.

Let's just say I need to put a little reality into my visions next time. And I am exhausted, I don't know what I would do if he were a bad little monkey all the time!

But all that aside, I have been home from Minnesota for 1 1/2 hours, and I already miss it. It honestly feels like home to me, more like home than Utah feels to me at times. I never have a hard time coming home from vacation, but for some reason I always get a little depressed coming home from there. I can't wait to move there one day, I honestly feel it will happen because it feels like it would be the right thing to do for my family.

Ahhhh, I need to buy a god damn lottery ticket so I can make it happen, fo' sho'!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG heather have u noticed the change of times on the food network? they pissed me off so bad good eats isnt on until like 9! i sent the meanest hate mail to them! muhahah that should show them

beepersneeper said...

Right on, you show them! How dare they make us wait until the wee hours at night to unlock the science of cooking!

Anonymous said...

thats what im sayin! they havent written back so ya. How was Minnisota?

beepersneeper said...

Awesome as always. I went to the Vikings game and I swear to God I had perma-grin for 3 hours! Katies baby is just beautiful and sweet. I can not wait to take you there one day. We will have an absolute blast!

Anonymous said...

i love thats so raven its hilareous i think i spelt that wrong oops!