Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Snow Patrol is soooooooo Awesome!!


Last night, Gabe Kim and I went to the Snow Patrol concert. It was a Christmas gift I got from Gabe. I have been looking forward to this night for a looooong time. Well, anyone who has heard Snow Patrols' albums know that they are so unbelievably awesome. Let me tell you, they are ten times better live, which I think all bands should be, but aren't. Nothing is more disappointing than buying tickets to a concert to see a band live, only to discover that they don't live up to all the editing and mixing and sound adjustments made on their CD's. Well, I can not stress how completely unbelievable Snow Patrol was. Their light show, their interaction with the audience, obviously their music and lyrics , their energy that completely fit the mood of every song, every moment of it was just unreal.


Well, with all that said........I can not stand some people at concerts!! Who doesn't want to spend money to go out and have a great time?? But have you ever been to a concert where people around you just put a damper in it?? Snow Patrol have some songs where there is a build up in their song....then it stops....silence....then it starts again. It is a very powerful moment in the songs, but for some reason, the dumb snatch next to us chose those very moments to scream, giggle, yell about the beverage in her hand, whistle and just annoy the shit out of us. The guys she was with were ridiculous as well. She was the kind of girl I associate with bar trash. She has been there since she was young, and will be there well into her 50's. I swear she was about 5 seconds away from pulling up her top and showing her tits to everyone. I know this may be normal practice at some concerts, but seriously, I am convinced she had no idea who Snow Patrol even was. I was about 5 seconds away from giving her a nice punch in the ol' baby maker, a nice kung fu move right to the cooter. We decided it would be in our best interest to leave the bar and go back downstairs, where the young kids are, where we could actually ENJOY the show! It is pretty sad when you leave the adults to play with the kids, but let me tell you, it was way more rad, and they all seemed to get it.


With all that said, it was such an awesome night, and I hope to God they come back soon!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like oodels of fun!