Sunday, April 13, 2008

10 miles with a helmet

I got my ass up this morning and put it on my bike. I met Uncle Mike over at the Jordan River Trail and we rode together. Hmmm, where do I start??

I didn't take my ipod, but I did turn it up way loud in the truck on the way there and blasted 'Too Drunk Too Fuck" by The Dead Kennedys before I got started. I thought it might get my adrenaline up a little bit. Punk music always gets me stoked for just about anything.

I, of course, am waaaay out of shape. Really, you ask? Why yes, I am. I guess my obvious physical appearance wouldn't lead you to believe so, but I am. I did really good for awhile, then at one point I lost my footing while changing gears when going up a slight incline. I recovered, but after that, I felt behind. Mike was nice enough to wait for me, or at least not act too annoyed when my sorry ass caught up with him.

I wore a helmet, at Gabe's request. Imagine that, I am not to be trusted on a moving object without protective head gear on. I am actually surprised Gabe doesn't make me wear one while driving in a car! Oh shit, shouldn't have said that.......I probably gave him a few ideas. I do believe that I was the only one this morning wearing a helmet, other than the adorable 4 year olds riding their bikes with training wheels and a stuffed fucking puppy in the basket. I felt like people passed me half expecting me to have drool coming out of the side of my mouth because I was 'special'.

Well, I did make it 10 miles. 10 miles is not bad in my opinion since I have not physically been on my bike in 2 years. I did lie to my physical therapist about being on one, but lying and doing are two entirely different things, or so I have been told.

I'll keep you updated on my progress. Who knows, maybe by the end of this week I will have gone 11 miles! Whoa, dream big!!!

No comments: