Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day, good or bad, I survived!

Every year I have a Mothers Day brunch for My Mom, Gabe's Mom, Gabe's Grandma and the Aunts. It is something I love to do, even though it is Mothers Day, and technically I shouldn't be doing anything but sitting on my ass! Well, since every other weekend is devoted to sitting on my ass, this weekend......I cooked. I must admit, I had a very hard time this year. I could not get Noah and Adison to do anything but fight. They were absolutely ridiculous. They didn't have anything valid to fight over, they were just taunting each other. Every little thing I asked them to do was a struggle, and everything I asked them not to do was a fight. It was not even close to how I wanted to be spending my day. I had a lot of stuff clean and cook, and with Gabe at work, I had no help other than the kids, which as I said before, didn't help at all!! Right before everyone got here I had a meltdown. I sent both of them to their rooms and cried like crazy.

I also failed to mention the issue we had with Zane eating raw meat. Saturday we were grocery shopping at Sam's Club and I was grabbing something off a shelf and I looked up to see Zane had a sausage casing hanging out of his mouth saying, "Mmmmm, hot dog" He pulled a raw pork sausage through the plastic wrap and ate it. Oh my God, what do you do, we are talking about RAW PORK! Shit! So I hurried home and called poison control. They assured me that he more than likely would be fine, which he was. However, in the middle of all the chaos with the kids and getting brunch together, Zane was shitting constantly from the laxative we gave him to get the meat out of his system. Good lord, I was not kidding when I nicknamed our children the three ring circus.

Happy Mothers Day to me, Happy Mothers Day to me.......

The kids did make me some awesome gifts, and Gabe once again took care of his pirate wife. You know the scene in Pirates of the Caribbean where Captain Jack Sparrow is holding up a jar of dirt singing, 'I 've got a jar of dirt, I've got a jar of dirt' Well, Gabe gave me a big jar of dirt greatly resembling the one from the movie, wrote on it the same saying, and had a gift card shoved inside it. Good God does that man know what I like or what??

For brunch we had-

Quiche
Bacon
Sausage
Cheesy Potatoes
Belgium Waffles w/strawberries and fresh whip cream
Red Velvet Cupcakes (for dessert)

It was quite a day, but I must say, the kids totally redeemed themselves. This morning I was ready to trade them in until tonight when Addie and Noah started playing cute with each other and Zane snuggled up on the couch with me to watch pirates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im sorry you had a bad time! But the brunch was very VERY good!!!!