Friday, May 04, 2007

Not doing so good

You know how it feels to be doing really awesome at recovering from major knee surgery, even with the 'fuck up' on the stairs, only to go to physical therapy to learn that you infact do not RULE, but SUCK!!!!! I have lost some motion in my knee now, due to lack of exercises and swelling. If it doesn't start doing better, they are going to hook it up to some machine and zap it to try and get it back. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it isn't looking good. I had to do some new exercises that deal with stair work, squats, and standing on one leg balancing. After the third stair exercise, I was in tears. I have to do 40 at a time. The squats are near impossible, the pain is just incredible.

I was so excited that I was feeling better, I have not been limping, and I have cut my pain meds to just 1 a day instead of 2 every 4 hours. Well, I am back to limping, and the pain and swelling is really bad again.

I am frustrated that it isn't ever going to end. I am beginning to wonder, 'What is the point?' Maybe I am just being a baby, and maybe I have just hit a wall so hard that I actually feel like giving up. Giving up worries me. If anything in life is certain, I have always managed to disappoint myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo heather, dont give up! IF YOU CAN FREAM IT YOU CAN DO IT!!! i know the excercises sux but just do the best you can and you cant do any more than that.

Anonymous said...

what r u doing this weekend? (5-5-07)

Anonymous said...

God Heather, I'm sorry. Don't give up though, it will get better. I wish I could do something to help. For now just remember I love you.

Mogoeuro said...

Duh, I meant to leave my name. Anonymous was me...Melissa