Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Best Christmas....EVER!!

What an awesome Christmas. I have been dreading this holiday for months. All the bullshit shopping, wondering what to get everyone, and if it is good enough. I had in mind what to get the kids, but other than that, I had no desire to even look for anyone else. After working a long day on Christmas Eve, I really started to feel it. Coming home to the kids, looking forward to the dinner with Gabe's family that night, then staying up late with Gabe after the kids had gone to bed just seemed perfect.

The kids actually slept in until 8:00, so Gabe and I had a few hours of sleep before the big day. My parents both came over to watch them open their presents. I was amazed at how truly happy and grateful the kids were. Not even one frowny face when a gift was opened, NOT even when it was underwear!! Everyone seemed to be happy and content. Just perfect.

We went over to my Mom's that afternoon for dinner with the rest of the family, which was equally awesome. After the rough year my Mom had with her health, it was so neat to see her in the Christmasiest of all Christmas moods possible. (Is that even a word? -Christmasiest.....hmmmm....whatever) Gabe went and grabbed the new guitar hero game and xbox 360 Noah got for Christmas, and had the whole family completely enthralled in the game. They were getting as excited watching it being played as the ones playing it. I totally fucked up 'Anarchy in the UK-----what a pitiful punk rocker I ended up being. Looking back on it, I just can't believe what a fucking awesome day it was, especially how I have been feeling lately.

Best parts of Christmas were-

Hearing Noah running up and down the hall after seeing Santa had been here

Zane giving himself whip lash ridding his new horse....he looked as if he were going to fly right off the thing

Addie just being sweet....it is a rare occasion lately

Watching A Christmas Story 5 times from Christmas Eve until Christmas Day

Staying up with Gabe until 3:00 in the morning putting together toys

Warm apple pie with cheese

Rain boots with skulls

Snowing Christmas Eve until Christmas morning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was a pretty neat christmas!!! i cant wait for new years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!