Tuesday, December 04, 2007

You'll Never Make It!

We left Friday for Las Vegas so Gabe could run yet another marathon. Holy shit, the dude is nuts. The drive down there sucked when we hit some bad weather, but after Gabe took the wheel, I felt much safer. Ahh, my knight in shining armor.

Once there, we did a quick wash of the ol' p.t.a. so we could head over to the House of Blues to see Social Distortion. It was kick ass. Social D is always awesome in concert.

Hey Melissa, he was wondering if you want some weed. Inside joke, sorry about that.

Saturday we left for the runners expo where Melissa and I get to pretend we are as awesome as Gabe is and stop at all the booths to discuss marathon training, healthy eating tips, etc., etc. In reality, I am just there to grab as many free samples as I can before thy give me the ol' up and down and realize I am not in any shape to be running a marathon. Hey, wait a minute.....

After that we headed over to the Bodies exhibit. I was very much against going. I get a little dizzy when looking or talking about about medical issues, so the thought of looking at bodies that have been preserved was not all that appealing to me. I was so wrong. It was the most interesting thing I have ever seen. I can not believe what complicated creatures we are. Later that night I got my drink on in the hotel. I really didn't realize how much I had drank until my words were getting a little slurry and I was not making much sense.

The next morning, Gabe left for the marathon, and we packed up so we could meet him at the first cheer spot. Once we met him at mile 7, we were around Freemont Street in the old yucky part of Vegas. There were a bunch of homeless guys yelling stuff at the runners. Our favorites were-

"You'll never make it!"

"Hey, your going the wrong way!"

"I know how long a marathon is!"

"I heard a happy little story about a girl who killed herself"

After the race, we got us some In and Out Burger then hit the road. Needless to say, Melissa and I did not run the Santa 5k we said we would. Like I said.....needless to say!

No comments: