Sunday, December 30, 2007

I don't see what anyone else can see in anyone else...but you

I finally saw 'Juno' today, and what a great movie.

The whole teen pregnancy subject has been on my mind a lot lately thanks to a few family members whom I suppose think it is open invitation to take jabs at me even 15 years after the fact. I have been completely down on it, and seeing this movie brought up a few feelings which could not have been predicted. For some reason I could not stop crying. Even at the moments I found funny, I somehow I went back 15 years ago and felt myself experiencing the same thing all over again.

I have a great life. A husband who rules my world, children I adore more than anything, and I know none of it would have been possible without Adison. She started our family, she is where it all began. With that said, it didn't make it easy to grow up so fast and miss out on years of adolescence. I feel like I really put myself last for so long that I am not sure what it would be like to think of myself before others. There were moments of needing acceptance while trying to be in dependant in the movie that I could totally identify with. I am not sure if anyone who hasn't been through it would have even noticed. I truly felt this character. I loved her quick wit and admired her way of having a solution to all things happening.

I think falling in love when you are 16 years old seems unreal to most people. It even seems silly to me having a teenage daughter that she could meet someone this young who she could spend her life with. But I did. I found someone at the age of 16 who completed me so much, and am lucky enough to still have him at the age of 32.

Go see the movie, you wont regret it. It also has a killer soundtrack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im sorry people r taking jabs at you....there stupid panda jerks...... i really want to see it now!