Thursday, August 17, 2006

Grrrrrrr........

I love my Mother, I can't even begin to explain what a wonderful, caring person she is, far beyond what I could ever even hope to be in life....... However. Okay, if I can ever give a piece of advice that is worth anything, here it is. 'DO NOT BUILD YOUR HOUSE NEXT TO YOUR MOTHER!!!' Yes, I know, the idea seems charming and fun at first, then it starts to get stressful, especially when her house will be done about three months before yours will be, but stressful doesn't even begin to describe it!! It must be a mother/daughter thing, you know, crashing female personalities, but it is getting to be a little more than I can handle!!

Today our Building Rep. came in to meet with the two of us about the houses. After she went through all her changes, it was my turn. (so I thought!) Everytime we started to go over my 'stuff', she would interupt by either saying, "Oh, I have another question" (wait until I am done Mother), or "What changes are you making? Maybe I want to do it too" (are you kidding me?) It went on and on like this for roughly a half of an hour before her appointment FINALLY arrived and she left. At the end, she has not only changed her appliances to be EXACTLY the same as mine, but has chosen the same stucco as me as well. I just had to call Luke(builing rep.) and change the color of my stucco now, something I am not happy about considering I really like my stucco choice, because I know I will get an angry feeling in my belly everytime I drive up to my house and see that my neighbor has the same colored house as me!! I am petty, I admit it, but COME ON!!!

Gabe mostly laughs it off, but he was begining to get a little annoyed everytime she would comment, "Oh, your house will start soon and pass mine right up" (huh??), or anytime anyone commented on how long it was taking to start our house and she would reply, "It isn't like they haven't done anything to their house." I don't consider painting the Lot# on the cement actually starting my house, but that's just me!!

But like I said earlier, Grrrrrr......

No comments: