Monday, August 28, 2006

The kids are back in school...at least two of them!

I have bittersweet feelings about the first day of school. It means I have to accept the fact that I now have an 8th grader (Did you read that? An 8th grader!! How did that happen? Oh yeah, I remember....um....nevermind!) And I also have to drop my little boy off to a big kid classroom. Hell, second grade is serious shit!! No more smiley faces and rainbows decorating the walls. It is all about chapter books, math graphs and dead presidents gracing the room. Definitely more serious! I remember my second grade teacher, I HATED her!! I knew she was a mean ol' witch before I even knew what it was. Just thinking about Mrs. Brimhall makes me feel a little creeped out. Yeah, it really was that bad. You would seriously risk getting a bladder infection before asking her for a hall pass....seriously!

This is also the first year I didn't get to take the kids 'first day of school' pictures on my front porch. It sounds like a silly thing to get all bummed out about, but it's true, I miss the same backdrop they have had since the very first day of this all too important occasion. I only hope the new house will hold up to the standards that has been set by the old place. I have a feeling it will be awesome, but for some reason, just not the same.

No comments: