Sunday, April 01, 2007

Birthday Party Weekend Roundup

Noah and Adison have their Birthdays 3 days apart, so it is always so crazy for us. This weekends events have made me thankful for two very important things.

1- My children who I adore immensely

2- Gabe's vasectomy

On Friday night we had Noah's which consisted of a sleepover with 5 other children, 3 boys and 2 girls. I obviously didn't think of the intermixing of gender to be such a big deal when I passed out the invites......stupid me!! The girls pretty much just wanted to chase the boys all night, and they just ran away from them trying to play other things. Our house echos really bad, mostly I think because of the lack of decor on the walls to absorb some of the sound. We have always noticed it, but when you add a little girl that screams when she talks, all you can think is, "Good Lord, what the HELL was I thinking!!" I was worried about my house be ruined, but I just kind of shrugged it off with the attitude that they are kids and this is what they do. I only had one activity planned, and that was for them to make their own lasagna for dinner. That was a lot of fun. Noah has this friend named Luca that just moved here from another country. I always hear about how smart he is, that he can speak and write Chinese, write cursive, etc..., etc... Well, he is very polite, so imagine my amazement when finding out he swears like a sailor. We heard words out of that boys mouth like, badass, bitch, and something about an asshole. They were never directed at anyone in particular, more like words that just flow out of your mouth in general conversation. The next morning we woke up and went to see 'Meet the Robinson's' then that was pretty much the end of Noah's party. I am leaving out some major details, but must withhold, as I have no idea who if certain individuals read this blog, and I would hate to offend.

Saturday night we had Addie's sleepover, which I had made plans for us to make a slambook and a project I found to 'Make your own Bathsalts' Neither project happened, they just went off on their own and did their thing. That is cool though, I am glad she had fun. During cake time, a lot of her friends were fascinated with the lighter. What??? Silly Mormons. We heard various funny questions coming from their mouths, none that I can remember though. They woke up around 11 o'clock, ate their cereal and went home. I honestly thought that it was going to be much worse with the 14 year olds, but the 8 year olds turned out to be the monsters.

Today we had the family over for dinner and cake. We had Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Peas and Salad. It was super yummy. I thought Noah was super cute when he was opening his presents. We would run and jump on people laps to thank them. Addie didn't seem too excited about anything, but the poor girl has soooo much on her mind. She has cheer leading tryouts tomorrow, and it is all she can think about. I have to say though, it was so neat, at least for me, to be able to have the entire family over at 'our house'. It is a first for us, as our last house would not be able to handle it with everyone here.

But, it is all over with now and I survived. I will forget about it next year when I plan a party and will be reminded once I have repeated the same mistakes.

1 comment:

Mogoeuro said...

'Nough said! Sorry for my "rent a kid's" part in your ordeal.