Saturday, April 21, 2007

"Crazy Bastard Runs yet another Marathon"

#1 Reason Gabe is Amazing

Today Gabe ran his 6th Marathon. It is the 3rd time he has ran the Salt Lake Marathon, and he got a new personal record. He is fucking awesome, every time I see him run one-I just feel so inspired-that is until we go to lunch after and I forget all about the exercise and healthy eating habits. This is the first marathon ever that I haven't had my trusty sidekick Melissa with me as she is off on sabbatical in Europe for three months. I missed her tons, as it is 'our thing' to watch Gabe run. I took the kids along with my Mom to be the cheerleaders this time. I love having the kids cheer their Dad on. I don't think they have any idea what an accomplishment it is, but they get a kick out of it. I must admit though, it is funner for me to see him run one out of state because I get a free vacation out of it! He is running two more this year, one of them being Vegas in December. Fuck ya! I already have my idea for the sign I am going to make, but I can not post it, as I want it to be a surprise.

#2 Reason Gabe is Amazing.

He knows me more than I have ever given him credit for. He presented me today with the coolest gift ever! It was a pirate basket, all things pirate. It contained some press on tattoos, a patch, some socks, a pair of pirate underwear, a bottle of Sailor Jerry's spiced rum, a mixed cd, and finally, a pirate movie that is just for me him and I. What the fuck? Is that the coolest gift ever?? I have already tapped the rum and am buzzing right now.

What a great day. I paid dearly for all the excitement this morning. I am swollen an ugly, but that's cool-no problem.

Oh, when we got back from the marathon I had just missed my friend June who was coming by for a visit. She dropped off yet another rad gift. They are Sketchers flip flops with skulls and hearts all over them. Seriously, two fucking awesome gifts in one day.....what is a pirate to do?

No comments: